Tracking Ed Monroe as he travels to Haiti and other exotic(?) places

Friday, March 19, 2010

My helper today

 
Posted by Picasa


The above is a picture of a boy who wandered into the stock room as I was working on some meds. He had been locked out of the pharmacy about 10 minutes earlier because he kept wandering under our feet as we worked. I thought he had left. He proceeded to unpack a box of meds and hand them to me. I stacked them into a column as I tought he would want to knock down as my grand children would do. It rained this morning but we still managed to see 310 patients and there was no one left outside tonight. Met with Canadian rehab team at hotel and hope to hook up with them tomorrow. Lots of interesting cases today. I walked to the Cyvadier Plaz hotel after we closed and met with Christophe and also the Canadian rehab team/ We had rum and cokes at Son-sons. He is out of Prestige.
Bed time again. I have not been sleeping well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little boy is too cute :) Love you all and continue to put up those great success stories!
Thanks Ed!
Katie Koehler

Anonymous said...

boy, does that look familiar! i do hope you get some sleep, dad. take care and know that we are praying for you and your mission.

Chris

Anonymous said...

DEAR EDWARD, I FINALLY GOT YOUR COMPUTER HOME TODAY AND CHRIS AND HEATHER CAME BUY TO HOOK IT UP AND SHOW ME HOW TO GET INTO YOUR BLOG SO I CAN SAY HELLO. BECKY AND TOM WERE GOING TO COME BY BEFORE CHURCH BUT I CALLED THEM TO SAY CHRIS WAS HERE. DIX WILL BE HERE AGAIN FOR A MONDAY HAIR CUT AND PERM FROM MOLLY. SHE SPENT MON. AND TUES. LAST WEEK HERE AND WE SAW 2 MOVIES. WED. CHRIS CALLED ME TO GO WITH THEM TO WALK ALONG THE RIVER AS THE KIDS SO ENJOYED THE ST PATS PARADE AND AFTER ALL FOUR WENT TO THE DENTIST THEY DECIDED TO STAY IN PEO FOR A SUNNY WALK ALONG THE RIVER. THE WEATHER HAS BEEN IN THE 60'S UNTIL TODAY AND THE RAIN HAS TURNED INTO SNOW BUT NOT STICKING. I HAVE WORKED IN THE YARD COLLECTING LEAVES BUT STILL HAVE MORE TO GO. YOU WERE RIGHT, THE LANDSCAPE DID GET PICKED UP LAST WED. NOT MUCK ELSE GOING ON SO I WILL CLOSE. HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR NEW TEAM AND BY THE BLOGS, I FIGURE YOU ARE. LOVE ALWAYS, DONNA

Anonymous said...

i truly adore your writing kind, very interesting.
don't give up and keep writing due to the fact it just worth to follow it.
impatient to look into a whole lot more of your own well written articles, good bye ;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Edward, I am waiting for a call from Dix to tell me whether I need to go to Bloomington to pick her up so she can get her hair cut today. Her car has a check engine light flashing and she was to take it in first thing this morning. I would like to work in the yard this morning but may not hear the phone. I am unsure how to get your e-mail . Do I go into free hotmail? Miss you much and will be glad to see you this week. Dix just called and found out she had not put her gas cap back on and that caused her service engine light problem so she will be coming to Peoria soon as she is ready. I will close for now and get outside in the sun as we are back to 60 degree weather and sunny this week. Love, Donna